Ever craved pizza but not wanted to waste all your calories on one slice that won't even fill you up? I have, so I started focusing on the toppings of my pizza to be healthy and fulfilling and the bread to just be there to hold the toppings. That's where the pita pockets came in. This is an easy recipe that is guilt free and tastes better than going out! *oil free *vegan *GF Option
Ingredients: Feel free to add/substitute your favorite veggies :)
- 1 pita pocket, I use Joseph's
- 1/4 cup of your choice of tomato sauce
- *Choose one with low sodium & low fat*
- 1 Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 2 small mushrooms (diced)
- 1/3 cup of diced onions
- 1/3 cup of your choice of peppers
- 1 small diced tomato (optional)
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast as you like
- Click HERE to find out why nutritional yeast is so good for you!
Directions: *Prep Time: 5 min *Cook Time: 15 min
- Cut up all your veggies
- Slice pita pocket horizontally (making two separate pizza surfaces)
- Spread sauce evenly to edges
- sprinkle veggies on top
- Place on baking sheet *with foil*
- Cook on 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes (longer if you want edges to be crispy)
- Add seasoning and enjoy!
This recipe is quick and easy and a great "cheat" meal while still eating yummy food that is good for the soul! Comment your thoughts and let me know how it tastes for you! And turn this into a lunch meal by using hummus as the sauce and your favorite sandwich toppings!!